Whee more kohlrabi! There is this box at my CSA share pick up for trade-ins. Drop something you don’t like and pick up something else. The box easily accumulates an abundance of kohlrabi. Which means that a lot of people may still not know what to do with them, or just really dislike them. Last time I braised them in butter and mustard sauce, but today I’m going to try to eat it raw. Like some salad or slaw.
Carrots are also making an appearance. We got a little bit of baby carrots which are very sweet and super yum. I’m not a huge fan of raw carrots, and I sometimes make the extra effort to fork them out. But when they’re young, they’re really tasty and not too crunchy. In fact, the kohlrabi and the young carrots seemed to have the same crunch level, which makes an enjoyable salad. Or slaw.
I used some of my almond and olive oil mayonnaise for the dressing sauce and added some traditional Moroccan spices of cinnamon, cardamom, and cumin. I love how these three “C’s” go together! Some extra raisins and apricots put the dish over the top!
- 4-5 Carrots
- 2 Large Kohlrabi Bulbs
- ½ cup of Raisins
- 12 Apricots, Dried or Fresh
- ½ cup of Paleo Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons of Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Cardamom
- Peel and cut the kohlrabi and carrots into sticks, or shred them with a good food processor.
- Combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and spices.
- Mix the mayonnaise mixture with the carrots and kohlrabi.
- Toss with the fruit and cilantro.